Removing nvidia icon in taskbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
Just got and installed a new GPU today and installed some software/updated drivers off the website, anyway after doing it i got the nvidia settings icon in the taskbar(see pic)
pic-1.jpg

now its all setup so i dont want this to keep loading up, ive tried removing it from start up but it doesnt work? the 2 items are RUNDLL32 and NVCPL? i know there to do with the new GPU/sofware because it wasnt there before hand

that is a HUGE amount opf space for an itty bitty image. you should crop that down..

I dont knwo if rundll32 has anything to do with that. But the NVCPL sure does..

when you say turned it off in startup you mean in the start->programs->startup or as a program option, or from MSCONFIG?

Tox1cThreat said:
that is a HUGE amount opf space for an itty bitty image. you should crop that down..

I dont knwo if rundll32 has anything to do with that. But the NVCPL sure does..

when you say turned it off in startup you mean in the start->programs->startup or as a program option, or from MSCONFIG?

yeah sorry, from msconfig and it just returns on startup? i was thinking maybe within the programme theres a box you can tick that says"open on startup" or something but i cant see anything.

Awaits all the nvidia users!

p.s i know the screenshot is pathetic but i just wanted people to see the icon not my whole screen and couldnt be bothered to open PS to crop it, plus most people are on BB so it loads instantly anyways! :p

The avatar and the screen shot....talk about irony!

Easy way to do it:

Right click on the taskbar, properties, on the Taskbar tab, at the bottom next to "Hide inactive icons", check that then click the customize button. Look for the nvidia icon in the list, click on it to highlight, then in the dropdown box select "Always Hide". It will still load, but you wont see it unless you click the "show inactive icons" button on the task bar.

haha, i know what im doing i just couldnt be arsed to crop it! :p

i know about that though, but the thing is, i dont want it to load up at all! If i want the nvidia settings then ill go to control panel and do it that way.

Then the Nvidia program its self will have an option for "show icon in task bar" or something like that.

uncheck the highlighted one and the 2 under it for all instantes or nvidia to be gone in startup or just check the 3rd one for the tray icon

nvstart.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom