any ideas??

Status
Not open for further replies.

broken_angel_76

Beta member
not sure where to post this..but sorry if this question has been asked a million times already. i have a inspiron 1150 and my cd drive will not open any cd-rw's i put in, it shows the cd is in and the title of it and says the driver is working fine. i know it's in the correct spot b/c i have a laptop and only have one disc drive. i've tried right clicking and choosing explore, nothing happens. when i choose auto run the pictures i have on the disc appear on windows picture and fax viewer but the other content does not. i made the disc on this computer so i know it's capable of the format, i used sonic record now and when i open that with my disc it shows all the content on the disc, i was just wondering how i can open all of the content in a file folder so i can transfer everything to my hard drive. i downloaded a patch for sonic to see if that would help and it did absolutely nothing. the only thing i uninstalled was win rar b/c it was expired. everything is up to date and i already did disk clean up and defrag and still nothing. i thought maybe the disc was scratched so i made a copy on a brand new cd-r and the same thing happens and yes the disc is closed. is there anyway of fixing this? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom