Just bought a geforce 7600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
The General said:
zomg

Set the refresh rate as high as the monitor will go.

At least 85hz. I like 120hz.

But that won't fix the weird lines.

yes it has! like i said it was doing it every few mins before, and i changed it 15mins ago now and its been perfect :D

jonny_uk said:
yes it has! like i said it was doing it every few mins before, and i changed it 15mins ago now and its been perfect :D

Makes no sense. Unless you're looking at your monitor through a fan, or are Borg and have video camera eyes, the refresh rate wouldn't change anything rendered on screen.

And no, the refresh rate doesn't hurt anything.

The General said:
Makes no sense. Unless you're looking at your monitor through a fan, or are Borg and have video camera eyes, the refresh rate wouldn't change anything rendered on screen.

And no, the refresh rate doesn't hurt anything.
:laughing:

ok, yes it makes no sense, but im telling you, since i changed the refresh rate from 60 to 70 it hasnt flickered once, i dont know whats going on but im just glad i seemed to have fixed it

nope, ive got a 5month old ben-q tft, been faultless, so i dout its that or the cables

Good on you for getting a new gfx card. I'm holding out for the DX10 chipsets, for Vista.

Anyway, I had a problem like this, and the oddest thing helped fix it. All I had to do was underclock my gfx card a tiny bit. (This was when I first had it), its stock clock was 485, something like that, I underclocked it down to 479, and it was fine.

I've now overclocked it to 510/1450, and it is running fine, (since the problem I've updated my drivers), seems fairly random and I think it be a range of random things. What brand is your card btw, (sorry if you've already said!).

Charlie -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom