the Athlon 64 / x2 Has no SSE4.. what does it mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoad

Daemon Poster
Well, as subject says..

I was wondering, allllll the coming up conroes has SSE4 instruction kits right?... well none of the X2's or Athlon 64 has that... Frankly, I don't even know whats so great in SSE4 except that its newer than... SSE3? do'h ... so does this mean anything about the nowdays AMDs and their futureproofability?

-Jo.

It's just a new revision of SSE3. AMD will have SSE4 support soon (well, I assume whenever K8L comes out), but really, SSE3/SSE4 doesn't effect futureproofability.

But some software that use SSE4 (I dunno if anything does yet) will perform slightly better on the Conroe because of SSE4, granted the Conroe will obliterate the AMD, but imagine if Conroes didn't have SSE4, it would perform slightly faster with than without. Only on stuff that uses it.

Blah for SSE4, zomg for AMD price drops on MonarchComputer.com.

DAmnit, everything is 'soon to come' I friggin wait for my new machine for the last 5 months waiting for 'stuff' to 'come out'.. -_-

NO MORE WAITING I WANNA ORDER THE DAMNED MACHINE ($#&%#

bleh I just can't wait for SSE4 to come on AMDs -.- and buying a conroe is so much of a hassle...............

-Jo.

well the thing is getting them ATM is impossible, and probably when newegg/zzf/tigerdirect finaly DO get them they'll be out of stock in 2-3 hours -.-

Also, mobos for conroe are so overpriced atm its amazing... and its gonna be a while before the rest of the conroe mobos will be out.......... just tired of waiting =\ the last date im waiting till is the 1'st of August not a minute more lol.

-Jo.

Meh. A Core 2 motherboard from Intel is about $140. Not bad, if you ask me. And I'd guess that different stores' stock will hold out at least a day.

Oh yeah? Well the x6800 stocks held about 2 hours....

And thats one really bad motherboard lol, the cheapest, worth buying one was 250$.

-Jo.

Hence why I'm gonna wait about a year and a half before I think about a whole new build... right now it's hype... (No offense) and people are going to pay for it, just for the bragging rights of "I have a Conroe machine" Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... [Applause Now]

well yeah but i've been waiting nearly half a year now, everytime awaiting something else to take place im sick 'n' tired of waiting for conroe to be in stocks, and the conroe mobos to be released etc...

-Jo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom