Computer runs Sluggishly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Major Noob

In Runtime
Hi, about a day ago after playing some bf2, my computer started to run really slowly. It takes a long time to start up, and even after restarting it, shutting it down and reconnecting wires, and other things, it still lags. The lag isnt only in BF2, it happens when i open a program or do anything. I cant even load a BF2 map anymore because it shuts itself down. When i'm in the main menu of bf2 the music even lags and so does the picture. I have an AMD 3400+, 1gb RAM, 200 GB hard drive. I just sent in my 6800GS (pci-e) for an RMA because it occasionally didnt work, but it even happened when the card was working and still happens with my on board video.

Any ideas as to what would cause this would be great
Thanks in advance

Update: Now it seems that Bf2 is the only thing that lags. should i try re-installing the game, or do you have any other ideas? (i know its not my graphics set too high because it lags even before i log onto my account)

I would try a few quick options:
1. ensure you've got any new patches installed for BF2
2. defrag your harddrive
3. ensure your anti-virus/spyware/firewall isn't prohibiting it or running a concurrent scan (this probably isn't happening, I just know that McAfee recognizes the GameSpy Arcade as a PUP).
4. Are you overclocking? How hot is your system running, is it normal?

i have the updated patches, im not overclocking (i have no idea how) and i'm not sure how to check how hot my system is running... is there a program?
thx

i'll try the defrag and post back

thx, my computer still lags like a wild mongoose... so im gonna call emachines. (yes, i know, emachines) but thx for your help

Any results? What kind of onboard card do you have? If the lag only happens in BF2, maybe your video card can't handle a game that high. You could run some benchmarks like SiSoftawre sandra or a 3dmark to see what you're capable of with onboard video.

Onboard is 6100... but now the whole system started to lag again so i sent it to the geek squad for a minimum of 71 dollars lol.

The cause of the computer could have a virus. What I need for u to do is Reboot into safemode. Go to Start, Run, then type in mscofig or window R, then click Start-up tab(far Right) Click Diable all then OK. Last Restart your computer then check in check box and then press Ok. I just hope this an XP window.:) U might need to delete files aswell so go ahead and follow my directions and if u r not happy with the resoles please feel free to email me at kitodsha_ferguson@hotmail.com. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom