Just bought a geforce 7600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
to replace my radeon x1300, anyway installed it and it plays games very well indeed, much better performer than the x1300, BUT, every now and agian i get these vertical transparent lines going across the screen? its not major i can still see the screen etc, but whys it doing this? i installed the driver that it came with on a cd then i went to the website and downloaded the lastest drivers and installed them, and its still doing it :confused:

It might be something with the driver and game. I have the same issue with mine and Farcry sometimes... I have to shut down, restart, then it's gone... I dunno... I rolled back to the 84.9x Nvidia driver and it went away. I have read/heard that the new driver (wanna-be ATI control panal) are giving people a MAJOR headache... you might want to try that. Rol back and see what happens.

I was playing Hitman blood money just for the record.

Anyway i havent actually tried resetting or rolling back........... ill give it a try.

Thanks for the advice

It could just be the game, some games have driver problems with certain cards.

WolfET and my ATi x1600 aren't good bed fellows. :(

Ok went on nvedia settings and changed the screen refresh rate from 60hz to 70hz and the screen stopped flickering imediatly!? was it just because it was too lower setting for this card or something? it was fine on 60hz with the radeon though?

Is there any negative effects from having it higher ?

I know it sounds stupid but did you remove EVERYTHING from the X1300 drivers?? That could be an issue... but I'm not sure now... Is it just tat game? or do others do it as well?

Nukem said:
I know it sounds stupid but did you remove EVERYTHING from the X1300 drivers?? That could be an issue... but I'm not sure now... Is it just tat game? or do others do it as well?
we posted at the same time, look above!

zomg

Set the refresh rate as high as the monitor will go.

At least 85hz. I like 120hz.

But that won't fix the weird lines.

can someone answer my above questions as im very curious!

And also isnt having a high refresh rate bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom