I'm an [idiot]

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ Agreed. To everyone who suggested getting a 7600GS, I suggest you read everything a person with a problem says before giving useless advice. If you looked closely, you would have seen he has a mobo with an AGP slot, making the purchase of a 7600GS an expensive mistake. And the only person beside myself who noticed it, is Nitestick. Not picking a fight, just recommending people tear themselves away from their dreamfilled lives, and return to reality every now and again.

magouster said:
^^^ Agreed. To everyone who suggested getting a 7600GS, I suggest you read everything a person with a problem says before giving useless advice. If you looked closely, you would have seen he has a mobo with an AGP slot, making the purchase of a 7600GS an expensive mistake. And the only person beside myself who noticed it, is Nitestick. Not picking a fight, just recommending people tear themselves away from their dreamfilled lives, and return to reality every now and again.

lol what are you on about? Nobody here said 7600GS, we told him a brand new machine with 7600GT, GT Rocks for the price.

@Nitestick, yea he could do that and that would be a low end gaming machine, might run hl2 on high/med settings but some will also be low, if he wants high settings he should go with my idea, yours however has a big plus, much less costy ;)

-Jo.

nitestick said:
in my opinion all you need to do is stick in another 512mb of ram and a half decent AGP graphics card, assuming both upgrades are possible. the reason your system failed would have been because of the onboard S3 graphics and relatively low amount of memory

Haha, I was about to say...

I agree completely. He seems to be looking for an upgrade, not a new computer.

An extra 512MB of RAM to total 1GB. A 7600GS (AGP) is a pretty good buy for the amount of performance you can get out of it.

What is really killing your gaming is mostly the vid card and RAM, and a little with the CPU (but not a huge amount).

It is totally possible to just upgrade the vid card and ram and then get everything else later if needed correct? Aslong as the vid card and whatever new mobo I get are compatible?

No its not totaly possible because if you buy a vid card and ram for your current machine they will be 180pins DDR RAM whilst the new mobos support DDR2 already, and in not too far [i'd say several months??] DDR3 will get into the market erasing DDR completley [Just like SDRAM sticks of the past...]

And the vid card, you'll be buying an AGP x8 for your current machine while its already oudated by the PCI-Express x16, still the AGPx8 video cards does pretty good on new games but in the future [2-3 years] you won't be seeing them at ALL.

-Jo

The CPU you can probably get away with, for now. You'll definitely want more RAM. Either 512MB or 1024MB. And an actual graphics card. Integrated=/=Good

But I am better off just buying new everything that's more up to date in terms of todays compatibility?

wow you're slow [above poster] i've already posted a much better one than aspire

-Jo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom