Am I expecting too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

magouster

Daemon Poster
Basically for all the people in the UK: I'm trying to sell the PC in my sig, plus an extra 40GB HDD, for about 400 - 450 GBP. Am I asking too much? Personally. I think that's a pretty fair deal, maybe a little high. What would you be willing to pay for it?

Something like that in the states would go for that in USD, so IMO yes your asking to much. But you probably did buy all the parts in GBP... If you can get that, then cool... If you part... I might be interested in the GPU if the price was right. :D

Obviously, I know you can't expect to get the price you paid for something 2 months after you bought it, but I bought the GFX card for 300 GBP, I've already advertised it for 220GBP and had a lot of interest, even from peeps in the US. But that is kind of the selling point of the PC, so parting out at this point wouldn't be a good idea, methinks. So the GFX card "being worth" 220, would then surely mean I could get the remaining 180 from the rest of the system to make it 400, shouldn't it?

your powersupply and ram what probably makes up for the rest of the system and u bought that card for 300 pounds? yessh thats like 600 us dollars, your comp in us dollars should sell for about 450-700 (being optimistic) so about 200-300ish pounds =/

I appreciate everyone's replies so far, but I feel like I should point out that a direct comparison cannot be made between US$ and GBP, since our prices here and there aren't proportionaly comparable. I had a couple of Brits a couple of weeks ago, tell me 300GBP for the same PC with a vanilla 6600 would go for 300, so that big ol' 7800 should add a bit to the price, shouldn't it?

well a 6600 here goes for 150ish and pounds are worth more than dollars so it should only be worth 70, and where are u getting those prices from? if they are from the internet they should be alot lower than what are mentioning

What prices are you talking about? The prices I'm qouting are prices I paid for said items when they were bought. The same GFX card now, on Overclockers.co.uk, still goes for about 220, I think. Whether they should or shouldn't be higher or lower is neither here nor there mate, we're not as lucky as you guys when it comes to PC components and prices......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom