overheating and BSOD!!! help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottster038

Beta member
Hello, my name is Scott Ryan. I have been having a lot of trouble with my computer so maybe you guys could help me

out. Im not very good with computers to begin with, so make things as simple as possible please :( To start off, I loving

playing video games... but while in a video game (Counter-Strike) my comp will get a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death?lol)

every so often, ranging from as close as 2 minutes or 2 hours. I am sure my computer can run these games fine, so

that isn't the problem. Sometimes, once I reboot from a BSOD...while on my desktop, I get another one, right of the

bat. I have searched tons of forums and I have done a lot of research. During the BSOD, I get this error message

IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS
***Stop = 0x0000000A (0x32BA8B 0x00000002 0x00000000 0x0x804F5903)

Here are my Computer specs:

-Intel P4 2.4ghz processor
-nVidia Geforce FX 5200 video card
-1 gig of ram
-120 gig hard drive

I heard that overheating could also be a problem here! I checked my BIOS for my CPU temps.. this is what I come out

with.

POWER temp = 68C/154F
SYSTEM temp = 47C
CPU temp = between 70-80C

I have checked plenty of times and these are the readings I come up with! NOT GOOD!

****I also did a memtest, in case it was my RAM causing these problems. I got ONE error. (Error copying between word pairs #32309577 and 32308728)****

Someone please, I am in need of desperate help! Thanks for reading :(

well that fact that you found an error in memtest kind of answers your own question bro,,, your cpu is really hot too, 70-80 is a bit bad now, maybe leave the side of the case off and get a new cpu cooler,, thats a 2.4 gig p4 so its probably a northwood core, shouldnt got past 60 C

Ok, good news. I have un-clogged the Heat Sink fan... my CPU temp is now at about 50c idle. yippy! Also, i ran some more memtests and now i dont get errors ( i was thinking that since the CPU was overheating, it may have been causing the first mem error?) Ill try memtest86 a few times, ill check back with yall. Thanks!

P.S= what should my fans rpm be? Mine = about 2500 is this bad? If so how do I fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom