DVD Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHWebSolutions

In Runtime
Hello I have a DVD R/RW drive on my laptop. I was watching a DVD and it was going just fine when all of a sudden it got stuck. Well I had to restart and ever since then it still plays but with a drag and the audio seems like it is echoing. Can anybody please help.

William

Not sure, but could the DVD be bad? Any scratches on the surface or damage? Maybe your DVD drive might be going bad also. What software are you using to watch the DVD? What Operating System are you running on the laptop?

It is not the DVD as it did it with other DVD's. I tryed InterVideo WinDVD 7 and Windws Media Player. I am running Windows XP SP2. Again it was working good then it froze. I restarted and ever since then it was like this.

William

Law said:
Not sure, but could the DVD be bad? Any scratches on the surface or damage? Maybe your DVD drive might be going bad also. What software are you using to watch the DVD? What Operating System are you running on the laptop?

Try switching the transfer mode of the DVDRW from DMA to PIO or Vice versa (depending on its current state)..

Right click my comptuter ->manage-> IDE Drives (Im assuming that your using an IDE DRDRW) .. NOw it gets tricky.. there will be a few options primay/primary, secondary/secondary, etc.. If you know which IDE port your DVD Drive is using, great, if not, either follow the cable in your comptuer to see if its the primary (blue) or secondary (black) and then which lead off od that cable, the farthest, or the closest (the fathest is the primary on THAT IDE cable) ..

Then, switch the mode to the associated cable..

(Ill try to find a guide that might be clearer)

Hope that helps, I was having the same kind of trouble untill I did that.. I even baught a new drive.. :(

Well I just did a speed test with 2 different DVD's and the drive speed reading these DVDs were between .7x to .9x . Can you help me now? I know it has to be at 1.x at least to read normal. How can I fix this if it is possible to fix it and what would cause it do do this al of a sudden.?

U could buy a Cd/dvd lense cleaner because this kind of problem happened to me when i was watching movies it also happened on my PS2

Its ok guys I fixed it. I guess somehow the driver got corrupt. So I just uninstalled it restarted windows, then windows reinstalled the drivers. After that I restarted and went back to defult on the BIOS. Then restarted again and tested it and everything is now going fine. Thanks for all the help people and I hope this wil help out if anything like this happens to you guys. Oh by the way I got how to do this from Gateway support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom