Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - I'm an [idiot]

Click Here to Login
Thread: I'm an [idiot]
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2006, 12:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
ShortThrow
Junior Techie

Default I'm an [idiot]

Alright, I'm sure you guys get this alot; well, I know you guys do.

I'm an idiot when it comes to computer components and performance, and lately I've become interested in pc gaming (Since my xbox crapped out and I hear pc gaming is better anyways).

I put together a computer about two years ago, just for normal use (school etc.), and it works fine; but I recently attempted to play HL2, and well, my computer failed miserably, as I had pretty much expected.

Right now, here's what I'm sitting with:

Believe me when I say that I know this thing sucks hardcore by gaming standards.

So with all of that said, I come to ask your advice. I would like to simply upgrade instead of build something new if possible, although I think I may end up having to do that since my mobo and **** blows that hard. I'm not so into gaming that I need the best of the best. Sound I could care less about, and of course I already have a decent mouse/keyboard/monitor.

As for my budget, I would like to spend as little as possible, but you gotta pay to play right? I'm willing to spend what I need to in order to play the games that I'm interested in (HL2, Counter Strike?, whatever else kicks ***) with good settings. I've already got a case and possibly a power supply that could work.

I'm hoping someone can step up for me and maybe link me to everything I need to get started. But be kind; I'll basically believe and buy whatever you all tell me to

Anything appreciated!

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.