new video card, dont know what to get

Status
Not open for further replies.

goblue14

In Runtime
i just built my new computer, but the video card im running is terrible. i have an open pcix16 slot and i am looking for something in the 200-300 $ range.

thanks in advance

when you say you have an open PCIE slot, does that mean you already have one card in a slot (your mobo has 2 slots total?) or does it have on board video that your using? PCI slot card?

Cause if you have 2 slots and already have one card in there, getting another one will help as long as both are SLI/Crossfire ready and they are the same card.

Please explain a little more to help us understand your situation/problem. What's your system specs? Mobo/CPU/PSU/GPU, etc...

We also need to know what kind of chipset you have (nvidia or ATI). Matching chips usually help.

And maybe tell us about this card thats running like poo.

right now the fx is in the pci slot. i only have one x16 slot. chipset is a nvidia nforce 4.

Trotter said:
eVGA Geforce 7900GT 256MB New 7900GT Reload! Hitman Game Inside! RoHS Compliant!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130032
$269.99
($239.99 after $30.00 Mail-In Rebate)

eVGA Geforce 7900GT KO Superclocked 256MB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130016
$289.99
($269.99 after $20.00 Mail-In Rebate)

Since both of these are in your price range I would suggest getting one or the other. I would lean more towards the 7900GT KO Superclocked though.

im not that big of a gamer tho, is there anything cheaper i could get. 7800, 6800, 7600? most of my time is taken up by v-ball, so i dotn want to go overkill. i mostly play bf2 and the cs series. i would like to run bf2 on high tho.

Edit: I believe in simple terms the bit of the memory somewhat controls how quickly it is used up so a higher bit=more efficent memory arrays.

If you'd like something cheaper I have a 6800xt which runs fear on medium settings no lag, high settings with some when lots happens. It costed me 99 usd after rebate. Am very happy with it, well for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom