AMD Board Approves Acquisition of ATI, Banker Confirm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yoad said:
Dailytech are known to publish articles that no one else is willing to, sometimes because they\\\'r either based on rumours or speculations.... they just dont care to release an article a week later saying it was actually wrong [if they fell on the bad side and was mistaken]

I Wouldn\\\'t base on dailytech alone, although being one of the best tech news site, they are dont mind to release articles and news that were based on rumours {Not saying that ALL of their news/ articles are though, but some indeed are.}

Once I see more sources coming up with that news, THEN i\\\'ll beleive in it :p

-Jo

Thats The Inquirer. Dailytech is part of Anandtech, and only reports definite things.

I love all the AMD advocates, everytime they hear something new about AMD, AMD is gonna kick the s*** outta intel now, YIPEE!! About something like, AMD is gonna have 4 cores here pretty soon, when Intel has them on the line as well which keeps them right where they are at. Like someone said, if they get a new architecture...maybe, so dont get all jumpy when AMD TRIES to make a move. The fact of the matter is, AMD is in trouble... they need to do something big ASAP.

Jumping_Bean514 said:
This is old news, thereÂ’s been talk of it for awhile now. IÂ’m surprised more people didnÂ’t know about it.

Its never been more than a rumor at best, with both companies denying it in the past. This is a new development.

Everyone's merging or buying each other. I'm not surprised. Like AOL and TimeWarner, as well as SBC and AT&T. We're moving towards an evential world monopoly, folks. After Microsoft and Halliburton set records, the rest couldn't restrain themselves. ;)

^ That may be satirical or whatever, but it's at least partly true.

Yea, this has been around for a while.. the article that I had read some time ago was that ATi has great product ideas and inginuity(sp? ) but they dont know how to turn that around and make somethign out of it.. AMD has been doing a great job of turining idas into great products, so it makes sense..

If it happens, It will be great to see what they come up with in a couple years. especially when people start to upgrade from Conroe purchaces.

Good...and eventually, when AMD takes the crown back, I have a feeling their partner won't be far behind.

Honestly, i think Intel kinda has AMD close to the guillotine, theyve broken through with new technology, and unless AMD can find away to just AHEAD, which is the key in this situation, they are **** close to forever 2nd place IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom