Post your fastest SuperPI times

Status
Not open for further replies.
My word, I am doing pretty well for such a crap system! Then again, just to get that i was running at 2.6GHz pumping 2.6v through the Extra Value RAM! Its crazy to think what would happen if I had decent RAM!

crazy good laptop general... its too bad you can't really overclock it or anything... could you by any chance take it out and put it in another mobo?? or is there no drivers to support it.. or even a mobo with the same socket?

NosBoost300 said:
crazy good laptop general... its too bad you can't really overclock it or anything... could you by any chance take it out and put it in another mobo?? or is there no drivers to support it.. or even a mobo with the same socket?

**** that ****. **** no I'm not taking my MacBook Pro apart!

Pardon my French. :p

For a while there I though about getting another one of the chips, they sell them on Newegg. It's like $450 for the 2.16Ghz one. They are socket 478, and I dunno about motherboards. But I just couldn't justify it, what with my new E6600 on order and everything. :p

I haven't ordered mine yet, but I am going to get an E6600 as soon as they start being sold on Newegg. I thought about buying from other stores, but I know I can trust Newegg, Monarch, Tiger Direct and ZipZoomFly, so I'm just gunna wait til they're on one of those sites.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819111177

Edit: LOL look at one of the reviews for this CPU on Newegg:

Cons: No 64 bit ( i guess Merom will fix this its to bad that the macbook pro's processor is soldered to the motherboard) Apple ddnt get sole right to them No HT( personaly i nevver exspearenced intels hype... More » r threading. However i heard it was good at least beder than AMD hyper transport.)

Why is it people think that HyperThreading is the same thing as Hyper Transport? WTF? :eek:

RGELLIS said:
those MacBooks are nuts! Too rich for my blood!

Ruan

Yeah, it was expensive, but it's the fastest computer I've ever used. Really. I can't wait to get my Conroe, omg you have no idea. This thing FLIES.

offtopic.. but i had a mac fan come into my work the other day.... and i had a lot of crap running on this dell computer we have to use....... and i was waiting to send a huge file to the printer and it sort of froze.... so i told him... oh sorry, the computer froze so it'll be a while... this lil dell sucks... so he says "all pc's suck... i've been a mac fan all my life" if i wasnt at work i would have argued with him

Meh? Windows is not so great, but I hate the term "PC" because it brings Linux into the mix as Linux is not a "Mac" even though there is PPC Linux. Whatever.

well... if your not an idiot.. windows isnt very hard at all...

i don't mean to offend anyone in anyway.. but whats so bad about windows.. what is so hard about it.. if someone cares to explain?

apparently its doing something right if billions of computers use windows

Haha, give me until Friday, I will be at #1 with atleast 27s. :)

EDIT: And why am I wtf pro l on the table? lol

Lol sorry, I've been calling you that but I guess people didn't know I was joking.

NosBoost, it's not that Windows is hard, it's that it lacks features, is expensive, is intrusive, and I don't like Microsoft for that. The reason billions of computers have Windows is unknown to me, I guess Microsoft was just in the right place at the right time. I just don't get how people are like "I have a custom PC I build my self, I do everything myself, even heat exchange, but I'll be damned if I can figure out Linux, the do-it-yourself operating system. I'll just have Microsoft do it for me."

/rant

Okay, I kind of got off on a tangent there, I hope to see you at 27s wtK pro l. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom