Video Cards and Processors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gscope

Baseband Member
Ive been getting into computers more and more for the past 5 years. And I understand quite a lot about them just a few things more I have questions about.

Well I was looking at graphics cards and trying to determine why some where more expensive than others and why people like certain ones. I really want to know what exactly I should be looking at that determines its performance. Not just how much memory it has but ... the Core clock the memory clock what the difference is between GDDR3 and GDDR2. And If 100 MHz more really is a significant difference.

like for this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814131007 This seems pretty good and its stats are up there with other good cards. But why so cheap ?
Of course I could just buy the most popular and just stick with that... but I want to know why the popular one would be better.

And another thing Processors. For the longest time AMD has been better for gaming than Intel... But now Ive heard that Intel is coming out with a processor that is going to be affordable and blow the AMD 3800 X2 Away. And that Intel is going to be better than AMD now. I know that they have been battling for a bit now but what is really the case? What is this new processor? And is it really going to be all that much more greater than AMD ?

:D

~thanks

Do a search in the forums for Conroe and you will read all the answers to your questions about the AMD/INTEL battle.

As for GPU's. it's the specs and the company. That's another battle if you want to read... Nvidia vs. ATI. Both of these have been MORE than covered (beaten realy) in the forum.

The CPU youve been hearing about is the conroe. The realease is August 7th, and yes it is going to blow amd away. You can get your hands on a CPU worthy of competing with the AMD 62-fx for around 300 dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom