6600gt SLI vs. 7900gt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Agreed with above

Also, my opinion is that one good card is better than two weak cards in SLI buuuut in your case it might be actualy benefitial to SLi them, in gaara's post you can see an obvius improvment between the 6800Ultra SLi'd over one 6800Ultra card.

Just pointing that out ^_^.

-Jo.

The more video memory means it can handle higher resolutions easier right? If its 128 bit or 256 bit matter in resolutions?

basically yes... 256MB is better for graphics rendering. (others can chime in, here :D) not really the resolution of the card. cause 2 cards can have the same res, but one have 128 the other have 256...

i'd say yhe 7900 was a big jump from the 7800.. because it saved people lots of money... for more power.. big jump to me for a price to power ratio.... anyway, maybe you should get a 7600 gt.. .and if need be later, get a 2nd one

Nukem said:
no... cause in GPU's the second number is what matters the most... You would have to read the performance of the 6800GS, but I think it's safe to say that 2 6600's would beat a single 7600gt... hence why I said get the 7900 in the first place... it'll last a couple of years if need be... and it's the latest right now. But hey... you know what tey say about opinions... :p

You can't let the numbers tell all. The 7600GT is much better than the 6800GS. http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2717&p=1

6600GT's SLI'd will add a little, but it doesn't even equal a 6800GT.

Mr.Wooter- If you game a lot, get the 7600GT. If you game very little, get the 6600GT SLI.

Actually speaking, the 7900's werent too huge an imporvement over the 7800's series of cards

The 7900GT beat out the 7800GTX. That was a pretty big improvement, especially price/performance ratio.

No Im saying will more video memory help you at higher resolutions. Will 256 bit memory as opposed to 128 bit memory help you at high resolutions also.
those were my questions
not the max resolution of a card

mR.w00teR said:
No Im saying will more video memory help you at higher resolutions. Will 256 bit memory as opposed to 128 bit memory help you at high resolutions also.
those were my questions
not the max resolution of a card

i would assume so.. seeing as quake 4 says when you put it in ultra quality that "a 512 mb video card is needed". ... but thats full of crap!! i'm doin that on my 7900gt!

just check out some reviews, that extra 256 mb seems to help out alot on high resolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom