6600gt SLI vs. 7900gt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mR.w00teR

Baseband Member
Well I'm thinking its time to upgrade my pc and I was wondering if I should go 7900gt or 6600gt in Sli. I know that the 7900gt is way better than the two 6600gts but I already have 1 6600gt and have an offer to get a second for $60. So i can spend $60 and go SLI or spend $240 and get the better card. Also if I go the SLI path I will have more money to upgrade my ram and cpu or things like that when vista and dx10 roll around.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Which would benefit you more...the second 6600GT or the 7900GT?

Let me explain: do you want to keep the cash more than you want to get better FPS, or the other way around?

Also, keep in mind that when you SLI the two cards have to be EXACTLY the same.

If you want better graphics, then go for the 7900GT. By the time Vista and DX10 comes out ther are bound to be better cards, CPUs, etc... by then anyway, so you might as well take advantage of what you can get now...

Well would a standard evga card and an asus TOP card be able to work together. Becuase if one is faster than the other I think its supposed to match the slower speed one.

And also Im not gonna be able to upgrade every time something comes out. I dont have a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom