Sound Card Or Onboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
i use the onboard sound in my system, ive only had it 2 weeks and i got some logitech 2.1 speakers and they sound fantastic for music and games so i dont see the point in getting a stand alone sound card!

Sound card FTW!

I've got a SB 5.1 Live! and comparing the sound quality between my Realtek AC97' OnBoard to my SB 5.1 Live!, the SB wins without breaking a sweat, better gaming sound quality & Better music quality... Can't see myself using an onboard ever again :eek:

-Jo.

jonny_uk said:
i use the onboard sound in my system, ive only had it 2 weeks and i got some logitech 2.1 speakers and they sound fantastic for music and games so i dont see the point in getting a stand alone sound card!

OMFG. You people should start reading the **** thread. The guy already has an Audigy 2 sound card. Are you gonna tell him to use onboard instead of his soundcard because you have never heard anything but onboard sound and can't imagine it would be any better?

NeedAcpu and Inferno thanks for understanding what I was trying to say. I am going to put the sound card in my system.

Yeah, I'd throw it in of you already have it. I wouldn't go out and buy one but it's good that you already have one.

NeedAcpu said:
OMFG. You people should start reading the **** thread. The guy already has an Audigy 2 sound card. Are you gonna tell him to use onboard instead of his soundcard because you have never heard anything but onboard sound and can't imagine it would be any better?

Ehh? Dell brand Audigy 2? Lemme guess, EMU10k1a?

a meaning total POS, broken drivers and only works on two motherboards every made?

NeedAcpu said:

no i wasnt telling him to do anything, just that im happy with my onboard sound and feel that buying a sound card would be wasting my money!!

to all who say buying sound cards is wasting money.

Play a game with OpenAL + Latest EAX + decent headphones and then tell me it's not worth it.

OK, and if you REALLY wanted to, you could try each one, but youd have to be really picky about sound and im pretty sure the soundcard would perform better than onboard anyways, so might as well use what youve got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom