Graphic card problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heloyse

Solid State Member
Hello,

I am having a major problem here, 3 months ago I had a GeForce 6600GT in my computer, then it kind of broke so I sent it back to the company with warranty and I waited until they send me a new one...

In the meantime, I installed an ATI 330x graphic card, which is really shitty btw...

Today i recieved my new GeForce 6600GT graphic card, so I uninstalled everything related to ATI, also erased the files that the uninstall didn't remove, and I installed the nvidia card with the latest drivers from the website...

So everything works well until I get into games, all games are having the same problems, there are black squares all over the screen...

I also tried to go into my control panel and get into nvidia control panel to configure my card, and when I go into configuring my 3D section, it shows me nvidia logo turning around for me to configure quality to performance, but also that nvidia logo have black squares all over it...

I tried playing videos, and there was no problem with the videos...

I reinstalled the driver, but it is still doing the same thing...

One thing weird that happens, is when I reboot my computer, there's a message that pops up after reboot, it is telling me that SLI rendering was turned off because I don't have another graphic card, my old card wasn't SLI technology, this one, so I don't know if the problem is related to that or not...

Can anyone please help me?

Here is my computer info...

Abit AX8 v2.0 motherboard
AMD Athlon 64bit 3000+
GeForce 6600GT SLI technology
SB Live! 5.1
160GB SATA HD, 40GB HD
Windows XP 32bit home edition

Thank you

Yes my motherboard came with a CD, I think I did install the chipset drivers, but what I will do, is reinstall them...

But like I said, I had this same graphic card before, it just went dead and the company sent me a new one, but it's still the same video card, and before it went dead, I nevr had any problem with it...

did you go to the website of your comp motherboad and download the driver , cause u know sometimes you need to get a new one from the website

Everyone of my drivers is updated to the latest...

I even tried t update my bios this morning, which caused my computer to crash and not boot up again, until I reinstalled windows...couldn't even repair it...

So even now the problem persists...and it is only the 3D which causes the problem, I did some tests with a utility that comes with nvidia drivers, and only 3D is having problems...

When I get into counter-strike, the first page where u need to connect to servers, the background image have no problem at all, only the option images and words have black squares over them...

I am really unlucky and have another faulty card :(

I just tested it in a store and it is the card that is defective...What are the chance of this happening twice in a row with a card with so much good reviews?

If it happens a third time than you are pretty unlucky my friend or that something in your computer system is to blame, like the motherboard, PSU, power outlet/surge protector.

Now that u brought up the question, there seems to be a problem that is happening in my computer, that have always been there, and that kind of destroyed the first card...

Sometimes when I turn my computer on, the image doesn't display on the screen, I have tor eboot the computer with the reset button to make it appear again, it just doesn't emit anything to the screen, because the screen light just flashes like if the computer is off...

And the first card that broke down, had that problem become permanent...Now that problem have also been happening in my replacement ati card...

So maybe there is something that is wrong with my computer :( how can I know what it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom