Radeon x1600 pro problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

web_scripter

Solid State Member
Hi, i'm having some troubles with my new ATI x1600 Pro AGP 512 DDR2 4X/8X. I got it 2 days ago

My motherboard is ASUS P4R800-VM with an Intel Pentium 4 processor (3.0ghz) and 512 MB of RAM (Kingston DDR 400, 184 Pin DIMM ). My motherboard only supports 1.5V agp cards. I also have two chassis fans.

I have two monitors hooked up to it, Both VGA, but one needs the DVI adapter.

When I boot up, before it shows anything, it flickers and white strips appear, then it boots up normally, then before the Windows XP SP2 Login screen appears it flickers and shows some white strips again. The cards works fine until I play a game, and then I start seeing the textures screw up and the shadows also.

I used to have an ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon (32 mb).

When I first installed it i didn't connect the extra power supply to it, so it showed some wierd vertical colored stripes. Then I connected the power supply. And it started to work fine but it did have some flickering. I installed ATI Catylist v1.2.

So, any ideas what I should do, should I trade in the video card for a new one, due to ship damage? Install some bios drivers, that I can't seem to locate? Overheating problems?

This is on my PSU (HNT Model:LC-B450E)

Code:
----------------------------------------------+
AC-      |115/230v- |   10/5A      | 50/60Hz    |
I/P      |          |              |            |
---------------------------------------------- +
DC ----  |+3.3v| +5v| +12v | -12V  | -5V | +5VSB|
   ..... |-----| ---|------------  |-----|------|
     O/P |28A  | 50A| 18A  |  1A   | 0.8A|  2.5A|
------------------------------------------------
MAX      | 230W     | ---  |       |     |      |
         | ---------+------+ 12W   | 4W  | 12.5W|
         |    422W         |       |     |      |
------------------------------------------------

Please help, and thanks in advance.

Who makes power supply? (found multiple companies with same psu model, weird....)
Can you go into bios and look for voltage readings?
Did you fully uninstall drivers before you installed new card?

You should only connect one monitor and if the motherboard has onboard video disable it. Other than that check all the connections in your computer and use driver cleaner and the device manager and to remove all drivers period (your x1600 pro and maybe that old AIW) and reinstall them. This could also be about setting agp or other weird settings but thats beyond me.

It says HNT on the PSU.
Here are the voltage readings:

VCore: 1.312v
3.3V: Hovers around 3.12v
5V: Hovers around 5.053v
12V: Hovers around 12.224v

I just cleaned up the drivers with a program and reinstalled the new ones. Don't know if that helped yet.

I disconnected the other monitor but also haven't checked. I don't know how to disable the onboard motherboard, I couldn't find anything in the manual.

I noticed that the video card get hot quickly. I don't know if it's just the video card, or if the power if wrong and causes it to overheat. Also the video card needs an extra connection to the powersupply. so i connected it, if i don't it shows this screwy image, some colored vertical lines.

I found a 500W power supply at bestbuy, it's the Dynex DX-PS500W.

Here's the link

It costs $100. Do you think it's a good deal? My motherboard also needs two connections to the PSU. one 2xsomething and one 4x4 connector. Is this PSU compatible with my MB?

I'm having the same problem with the ati x1600 agp. Everything is fine until I boot up a 3D game. 2D games such as baldur's gate works perfectly. Another odd thing is sometimes there are two faint pink lines which follow my mouse cursor around. The Dell bootup screen color is also severely messed up, but everything else is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom