Gaming CRT monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
when i built my compt last year i went for the same thing with the monitor and i just went to best buy and picked up a 19" crt with 1200x1600@75hz for $100

Seems like a fairly nice screen to me under a budget.

Not too costy, not flat though as they advertise but it does look flat ;) nice resolutions, the refresh rates are debatleable and just like most of the budget CRTs you might bump into ones that emits annoying high-pitch noise when the background is really bright and white, thats rare but possible [one of my screens does that actually, I've got NO clue how to fix it and most warranties and RMAs wont cover it up...].

I've heard mixed opinions over this monitor but in general its pretty good for the price, and if it arrive with no special technichal problems then you should be good for a long while, ViewSonic usualy do a good job on their monitors, I Own like 4 myself of various ViewSonic's, though not that one in particular.

-Jo.

thanks for the impute. Would you be able to suggest something that is better for the money even if it is a little more money? Or should I go with the one I linked? Thanks,

-Grog

i'll check later, im heading to a hospital atm for some ct scans once im back i'll post some suggestions.

-Jo.

I'd get one with aperture-grill tube, they are brighter, which is useful for gaming. They are hard to find though.

Try and get a Mitsubishi Monitor 930SBs are very good, I used to have twin Mitsubishi 2070SBs, very nice monitors, put over 11,000 hours on each,a nd the colour started to go in them, beautiful looking monitors too, if you sond mind ebay, have a look on there. I am biased, but I say Mitsubishi all the way, they also are Diamondtrons/Diamond Pros which means they have the apperture grille, they do have 2 VERY feint lines accross them holding it in, but completely unnoticeable! All Mitsubishis are great monitors if you can get hold of them, and will last you for years!

Ruan

RGELLIS said:
Try and get a Mitsubishi Monitor 930SBs are very good, I used to have twin Mitsubishi 2070SBs, very nice monitors, put over 11,000 hours on each,a nd the colour started to go in them, beautiful looking monitors too, if you sond mind ebay, have a look on there. I am biased, but I say Mitsubishi all the way, they also are Diamondtrons/Diamond Pros which means they have the apperture grille, they do have 2 VERY feint lines accross them holding it in, but completely unnoticeable! All Mitsubishis are great monitors if you can get hold of them, and will last you for years!

Ruan

I was looking for a new monitor a couple of months ago, and I looked for used Mitsubishi's and Eizo's (aperture-grill models/Diamondtron) and they are **** hard to find over here! I wish I had a 17" Eizo for gaming and a 19" Mitsubishi for office work. BTW, are there any 17" Mitsubishi's with aperture-grill at all?

I bought a nice Iiyama aperture-grill, similar but newer model than my current one; and they are easier to get your hands on.

Yoad said:
high-pitch noise when the background is really bright and white, thats rare but possible [one of my screens does that actually, I've got NO clue how to fix it and most warranties and RMAs wont cover it up...].

-Jo.

You need to turn the refresh rate up. Above 85hz preferably. Right click on the desktop, go to properties, settings, advanced, monitor, and you can see the selection for it right there.

Also, if you want to save BIG money on CRT's, get a refurb from www.accurateit.com

I got my 21" Trinitron for $98 with free shipping!

It was "Grade B" but it was like new! It came with a bad cable is all, so I took the old cable from my broken LCD ( ... :( ) and used it and it works great!

Definitely check them out before you make any decision. :)

If it makes a high pitched sound that's really loud the monitor is probably broken. If it doesn, lowering the refresh rate might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom