Logitech G15 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrillian

In Runtime
Greetings,

I was installing a Linksys router today. This may be relevant as I was not having any problems w/ my G15 USB KB prior to the installation.

The story thus far:

I am attempting to network my 2 Rigs (XP and Xandros) so that both have internet connections. To ensure that both Cat-5 cables were signaling I tried both of them on Rig #1.

When I removed the cable that I knew worked and swapped if for the cable that was in question, I thought I heard a very soft "pop". In the end both cables are signalling, but now I am having an issue with my USB/G15.

When I power off the system and restart the KB has power (LCD splash sreen loads, backlighting on the keys lights up) but the keys do not respond (not able to enter password at XP log on, Caps/NumLock do not toggle). If I use a PS/2 KB to log on and then plug the G15 in sometimes the KB works (I am using it now) as windows automatically recognizes the hardware. When I restart the computer, I am back to no G15 KB.....WTF?

I have:

Removed the Logitech software associated with the KB (left the MX1000 SetPoint alone).
Reinstalled the software.
Deleted the device from the device manager and reloaded it (PNP)
Checked the Drivers, deleted the Drivers and reinstalled the Drivers, and check for newer versions (non available).
Checked the BIOS to ensure that all USB devices are enabled.

Is it possible that I messed up something on the MoBo when I was switching cables? The power to the router was on, but not the rig.

Also, half of the time the OS doesn't recognize the mini-USB transmitter for the MX1000. That's easy as I have it plugged into the front USB port (unplug + plug = OK). Could this be related?

Is there something on the MoBo that controls the USB ports that I could have damaged?

Please help...Thanks for your time.

Actually I have experience the same problem with my Logitech keyboard also but it's a different model. What I try first was to check the BIOS, which at default was set to "Keyboard and Mouse support" at BIOS, which I change to OS. Of course my BIOS was already enable for USB support but the problem still happens but only sometime (symptom includes mouse working before the OS is loaded and sometimes work while the OS is loaded), which requires me to restart the machine to fix it. What I found out was that the newest version of the SetPoint driver that I installed for my MX518 mouse before I purchase this keyboard was causing this issue. Solve the issue by using the version of the SetPoint that came with the keyboard (2.30.399) which is an earlier version that was much more compatible. Of course having to completely uninstall it and reboot then install the driver that came with keyboard.

I canÂ’t say that the router has anything to do with your keyboard, it wouldnÂ’t make much sense that the router can interfere with a keyboard. The only possible thing I can think of is while you were installing the cable you may have knock on the USB cable pretty hard and damage the plug but itÂ’s unlikely else you will know about it.

So my conclusion is that the driver is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom