yay! my first electronic 'mod'!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok... i really want to do this but I have a few questions first.
1) what guage wire do you need
2) how much voltage travels through this circut. does all the power comming into the computer go through this circut?
3) where did you get the key

thanks,
Kevin

1) to be honest, i dont know, i just used some quite thin multi strand wire i had lying around. if you take a look at the jumper wires inside your computer, about that size is the one you want

2) again i dont have a clue how much voltage is traveling down the wires, next to nothing i asumes as it is coming off the mobo, a guess would be less than 5v but i dont have a clue. no, all the power coming into the pooter does not go through this circuit!

3) i got the key from a good old friend of mine called ebay. this looks almost identical to mine, and it already has the wires attached http://cgi.ebay.com/Key-Set-Switch-...1QQihZ003QQcategoryZ11332QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

disclamer, if you buy that switch and it is the wrong one, i cannot be held responsible!! lol

First, good idea to put the switch in a floppy plate incase you ever deside to change it later.

I can do insane mods now because I have more than 30 years of experience of fixing/tinkering with stuff. I had to start somewhere and I remember my mom crying saying "I cant buy anything because you take it apart"

When I first started messing with computers a couple of years ago I destroyed the first 3 or 4 (free, donated Pentium 1's) before I figured them out.

best way to learn is to get out tools and work....
And above all have fun and take pride in your acomplishments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom