ZoneAlarm question/issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdansjr

In Runtime
I installed Zonealarm this morning and since then i've had over 40 attempts by different source IPs. Is there anyway i can tell where these IPs are at, or whose they are? There were all blocked, thank god i guess. By the way, i'm on cable internet if that makes a difference.

Its nothing to worry about, just normal traffic.

you can perform a tracert
start, run, cmd

tracert 161.63.236.585

Click Alerts & Logs on the left side of the ZA Control Panel, then turn off Alert Events Shown. ZA will still work, but it won't pop-up and tell you every time it blocks an IP.

40 attempts in a few hours? Sounds like you're on AOL.

Trotter said:
Click Alerts & Logs on the left side of the ZA Control Panel, then turn off Alert Events Shown. ZA will still work, but it won't pop-up and tell you every time it blocks an IP.

40 attempts in a few hours? Sounds like you're on AOL.

I thought the "alerts and logs" section was only on the pro version? im pretty sure when i had the free version that bit wasnt there? i know its on pro as ive got it

Hey,
thanks for the input. I clicked on alerts and logs and i can click to stop the alerts. and I did click on learn more and it did state it was just internet traffic. I have had 108 attemps blocked since 9:45 this morning. Is that alot, sounds like it! I am using adelphia cable internet. All of the attemps have been "medium". oh and i do have the free version of ZoneAlarm. I'm also running Norton Antivirus, it's up to date. is there anything else I could do to keep the attemps from other ISPs from getting on my computer down? If you cannot tell, I do not have as much knowledge about computers as most of you all do!

Should I get a router for my Cable internet? I just checked my ZoneAlarm and since yesterday morning i've had 645 intrusions blocked, 3 of them being high risk. is that too many? what can/should I do?

dont worry about it its fine to put it in prospective i have had 44306 attepts to my computer since ive installed zonealarm its nothing to worry about the only time you should be worried is if you can look at the log and attempts are comming in about every second which is most likley a port scanner i usally just reset my modem and that changes the ip and the connection is lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom