Computer Temperatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gscope

Baseband Member
Well, My computer is running an 3.2 Intel P4 and a 9800 pro 256 MB video card which has been running very hot.

My processor is running around 160 degrees F / 70 C

Which is awful hot and it makes my room an oven.

When I first built this thing the one thing I didnt want to install was the processor. So I had a computer repair shop to put it in, even though I read tons of guides I just didnt want to f over my 275 dollars spent on the **** thing. So afterwards I asked him if he applied thermal paste to the processor and he said he didn't because the "new P4s dont need it"

Well im not sure if thats the problem or not but I have 3 80mm fans in this thing. One in the back one on the side and one in front. So it has enough airflow.

I doubt adding more fans is going to help much because I removed the side and attemped putting up a box fan to it. didnt really help much.

I had a similar problem with my Pentium D 940. Was running around those temps. Are you running the stock heatsink/fan? I got a new ThermalTake one installed and it brought the temps down alot. Was running most of the time around 62°C-64°C. Now I'm running around 48°C-54°C. I also have 1 120mm exhaust fan, and 1 120mm side fan.

yes my pc was getting extremely hot for a long time and it caused a ton of problems. Then I put on a variable speed fan on the processor or close to it and i just turn it up if it gets hot. I also moved mine to the basement instead of my room because its colder down stairs. No problems yet and now mine only runs about 105 F playing Battlefield 2!

i reall hope he meant by the new p4s not needing thermal paste is that the stock fans ahve a thermal sticker thingy on them already,., cuz if that wasnt there KABOOOM, using good thermal paste like artic cooler paste could low the temps by up to 5 degrees C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom