Blue screen problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Von Theron

In Runtime
My friend has a hp laptop and i am looking for a way to help him by posting here. The problem is a blue screen he didn give me alot of information but i kno the error message when it crashes.
( If this is the first time you seen this stop etecjmoca, information. 0x0000008e (0xc00000 etc npfs.sys- addres f79f93oe base at fF9F9000 date stamp 3b etc - dumping memory... i have no idea what this means, i hope someone here can provide any help which would be gladly appreciated. Unfortunately he dosent have another computer.

Possible causes:

• One or more of the random access memory (RAM) modules that are installed on your computer are faulty.
• The RAM configuration is incompatible with Windows XP.

Is there anything i can do manually to a laptop , if it was a desktop it would be easier to do anything with the hardware.

I believe it may be possible to disable the faulty RAM through the BIOS or CMOS.

If not, then you'll need to send the laptop to it's manufacturer for a few repairs.

Yes my friend said he tried to reinstall and it kept on crashing after. So i would only think now that it would be a hardware issue.

you can try one more thing although im not sure it will fix this issue boot to the recovery console on the windows xp cd rom if you cant get into windows command prompt and type the following

chkdsk /r

let me know if that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom