300gb HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a WD External and I think it's great. One of my friend's Maxtor died on him just out of warranty. I haven't heard anything bad about the Samsungs, but I also haven't really seen many people having them..

i have had a hitachi and a maxtor both go a bit "funny" but the only drive that has properly failed on me is a seagate (it was pretty old at the time though)
i will not be buying seagate again as they are too expensive and not the best anymore or a maxtor because the lower cost cannot really be justified

Ironically, Seagate purchased Maxtor in late 2005 :p. My recommendations are Western Digital or Seagate, which of the two has the better price is the one I'd go with.

I've had one hard drive from Maxtor break down on me. I lost all my files with it. Ironically, I'm using a Maxtor right now. This one seems to work fine. I guess it depends on the hard drive.

Segate makes great hard drives. They should last a long time.

I'm not quite sure about Samsung though. Unlike the others, their hard drives are manufactured in Korea. So their quality may be questionable, to say at the least.

But if you don't mind taking the extra risk, then I don't see any reason why you shouldn't buy one, considering their very cheap prices and all.

My experience:

Bought a 300gb external seagate w/ 16mb buffer and usb 2.0 and/or firewire for $160 US at fry's ~5 months ago. Never one problem at all. At times it's in transit with me to campus. What can I complain about? Nothing at all.

Hope it helps-

I've found that Seagate and Western Digital are the most reliable. Absolutely love my Seagate drives though. Not a single problem with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom