artic silver 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilotdude22

Baseband Member
Hey everyone I just placed my order from new egg 2 days ago, my parts should be here next wensday yay lol, and heres my question, I was told artic silver 5 dose wonders, so I got some, it was only 5 bucks so I figured what the heck, so what can you guys tell me about it? I know there are probibly posts about this I know but I was hopeing for some new info, is it good how many stars lol. so how is the stuff?

thanks

also it shows 2 ways to apply it on there web site, the spred a thin layer and just put some in the center and let it spred its self out, what way is better? and if you just put some in the center and let it spred itself out it probily wont go all the way to all 4 corners, is this ok? or bad?

thanks

just puttting a dot in the center works fine cause the heatsink and chip almost touch, and from what i've heard from people posting it takes the temp down about 5C, maybe mroe if i dont remember correct.

Pay attention how to apply it. The Newer style CPU (socket 939,754,940,AM2) you put a drop about the size of a big grain of rice in the middle.

On the old style like the socket 462 you spread a thin layer over the CPU with a credit card or spreader.

AS-5 is one of the best but it is made with SILVER (conducts electricity) so If you put too much and it spreads out it can short the cpu,gpu chipset out.

Also if you put too much it dosent always spread out and can leave pockets of air (which isant good either)

As it heats up (over a period of around 200 hours) It will spread even more and work even better.

Make sure you clean the surfaces very good before using it with alcahol (I never remember how to spell that)

hmmmwait....

you ordered somthing off of newegg 2 days ago...wednesday and artn going to get it until next wednesday?

Thats not like newegg. i ordered somthing and got it in two days

well on newegg, I orderd it wensday, it was prossed the next day, shipped today, UPS dosent deliver on weekends, and they say the estimated delivery date is the 25th, the thing that makes me mad is that where my parts are now is about 3 hours away from me, ONLY 3 hours and they say they will be here next wensday there only freaking 3 hours away, I just dont get that at all,

Its not Newegg its UPS..I am waiting for the same thing. I ordered wed, they didnt process till today and I wont get it till Wed too.

Newegg is one of the best, just sometimes they mess up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom