Can 2 computers switch C: drive profiles with each other

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
I have a question is it possible for 2 computers to switch the C: drives with one another ? the reason for that I am getting ready to take my mom's 80gig hard drive and put it in my system and she can have my 40gig hard drive. its been at least 2 years and she hardly makes use of the space thats on the hard drive she just's use's it for internet and word processing.

Is their a good program that can do this ? I have a good USB cable that will connect the 2 computers and I'm ready to transfer one PC profile to another and vice versa. I think that windows xp pro can do this but I don't wan't it to f*** nothing in the process of transfering.

If this doesn't work is their another way to do this ?

Both PC's run windows xp pro sp2 both have intel onboard but the gateway is 4 years older with older parts. what I'm really trying to say is can I give my gateways C: drive files and programs to the 80gig and then take the 80gig hard drive and put it inside my old gateway while the dell will have its C: drives files and programs on the 40gig hard drive that my gateway computer was using ?

Ok thats fine I can fix that myself whats a good program to use besides microsofts transport pc settings and files program thats on the winxp pro CD ?

what you can do is make an image of the hdd, and mount it to the larger one that you want and do the same for the other but then again, im still not sure if it will work 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom