Copaq armada 7700 on windows 95, screen @ 640!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aff1993

In Runtime
Hi, my screen wont fit to the whole monitor on my compaq armada 7700dmt, it just stays in the center, i have windows 95, and when i go into the properties, i cant change it because the dial is locked at 640 by 480

First try going thru the Windows update to see if it offers any driver. If not then right click on the My Computer icon and select Properties. Under the hardware Tab you want to go into the Device Manager. From there select the Video. Click on the Driver Tab and select the Update driver and see if it will search online for a new driver.

There might just not be a new driver since it is Windows 95. That hasnt been supported by M$ since XP was released in 2002.

First of all, try the suggestions above.

If they don't work, you'll have to find what model your graphics card is. Then, go onto the internet and search for any downloadable drivers for your card.

Finally, did your laptop come with any special system discs? If so, then try those first.

well, this laptop isnt new, but i am going to put 2000 or XP on it, will that fix the problem, and i dont even know if i have a video card. and i cant connect to the internet with it, but i can download from this computer and put it on to it!

All computers have video cards, either seperate or onboard.

Windows XP would run a bit slowly on a Compaq Armada 7700DMT. Plus, it's a bit expensive too.

But if you want to go ahead with it, then I see no reason why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom