Confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake91839

In Runtime
I have an pretty out of date hp that i got for Christmas one year. I do like to play games on it like Battlefield 1942, Civ IV, and World of Warcraft. When I play world of warcraft I have to play with the resolution set at 800x600 and the game runs at an average of 14 FPS. The Processor in it right now is an AMD Athlon XP 3000+ With an FSB of 200 MHz. I have a Video card in one of the PCI slots. The card is a PNY Geforce FX 5500. And i can't figure out of my FPS problem is because of the video card or the processor. If someone could give me advice that would be great.

Thanks

Snake91839 said:
I have an pretty out of date hp that i got for Christmas one year. I do like to play games on it like Battlefield 1942, Civ IV, and World of Warcraft. When I play world of warcraft I have to play with the resolution set at 800x600 and the game runs at an average of 14 FPS. The Processor in it right now is an AMD Athlon XP 3000+ With an FSB of 200 MHz. I have a Video card in one of the PCI slots. The card is a PNY Geforce FX 5500. And i can't figure out of my FPS problem is because of the video card or the processor. If someone could give me advice that would be great.

Thanks
I have the same computer. I think you need a better graphics card. The one i have (Sapphire x800GTO AGP) works great, and i can play most games on the highest details.

when that PC really goes out of date, scrap out the optical drives and other useful hardware and you could probably build yourself a good cheap gaming comp.

lancec2c30 said:
when that PC really goes out of date, scrap out the optical drives and other useful hardware and you could probably build yourself a good cheap gaming comp.

Yep..

I bought a new case, motherboard, and CPU, a mousepad, and some fans for like $300. When I buy my video card, I'll have a pretty decent gaming rig for about $500. It won't be the best, but it will run any game out.

If you can afford and find it, the 6800GS will be your best bet, get a new hs/f+as5, and unlock the pipes and vertex shaders and oc to 6800 ultra speeds.

If he does then get a 6200...or there's another card that's a bit better but I can't remeber which one.

I know that I have been looking a lot at building a new computer, but i would have a budget of around 700-1000 dollars. I've been snooping around on newegg and have found a lot of cheap stuff that looks pretty good, but I also want to be able to run about any game that I want. If anyone has any hardware suggestions, that'd be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom