Where do you see AMD in 2007?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrZucchiniHead

Daemon Poster
with AM2 released and AM3 coming out at the end of this year and beginning of next year along with K8L architechure and 65nm cores, AMD looks like the future is bright.

although the K8L architechure is still in the process, when has AMD ever dissapointed you (exept for AM2), it also supports DDR3 which no one relay knows much about, but DDR2 didnt really give much or any of a performance boost for AMD's chips.

so how well do you think K8L and AM3(65nm cores) with DDR3 support will perform? even though there is really no information released exept that AM3 will work on AM2 mobos.

well with technology you can never really predict very far in the future. :( But I think they are just going to tryt and make it that much better than intels conore. cause if they dont well they wont be competitive in the business any more.

I think K8L will decrease the gap between Intel and AMD. It will definitally give AMD a performance boost, but I don't believe that it will pull them into the lead. With Intel coming out with quad cores this year, and having even more processors coming out early 07, Intel will be able to maintain their lead. AMD will possibly get back on top in the next few years, if they plan it right.

Intel, too, will be coming out with DDR3 support. Since their processors dont have on-die memory controller, all that is needed is a new mobo with a new chipset. That is, IF they still are using LGA775.

IMHO, AMD is going to take a severe blow with their mobile processors. While, the prices of the mobile Core 2, Merom, have not been released, there have been underground benchmarks, just like Conroe. Since they are based on the same architecture, they yeild near same results. Next year, Intel will release its Santa Rosa platform with the release of Socket P. Not much is known about this though. New Merom versions will be released with a 800MHz FSB using socket P.

I want faster processors for less money. I don't care if its Intel, AMD, VIA, Motorola, Nokia, Cisco, Sun Microsystems, Skynet, I don't care. I just want 3 second SuperPI's, and I want them for cheap.

The General said:
I want faster processors for less money. I don't care if its Intel, AMD, VIA, Motorola, Nokia, Cisco, Sun Microsystems, Skynet, I don't care. I just want 3 second SuperPI's, and I want them for cheap.

Amen to that.

I wish.....

I mean if Intel blew this Conroe thing and it sucked, AMD would not have dropped prices and the only good option would have been AMD with the normal prices. The more compition, the better it is for us.

Oh and can anyone tell me about supposivly a new AMD plant somewhere in upstate newyork? My step-mom who was from around there said something about a new one being built in glens falls I think?

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Plans $3.2 Billion Chip Plant In New York- Reuters

June 23, 2006 Reuters reported that Advanced Micro Devices Inc. will build a new $3.2 billion microprocessor plant in New York state to improve its capacity. The plant would begin operation in 2010, and would increase Advanced Micro Devices Inc.'s total capacity by nearly 50% over the expected 2008 level.

C'mon AMD sink already!!! Your ship is doomed!!! :D

The General said:

i want chips so cheap that you can buy them at those "everything is $1" stores

hercules_upw said:
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Plans $3.2 Billion Chip Plant In New York- Reuters

June 23, 2006 Reuters reported that Advanced Micro Devices Inc. will build a new $3.2 billion microprocessor plant in New York state to improve its capacity. The plant would begin operation in 2010, and would increase Advanced Micro Devices Inc.'s total capacity by nearly 50% over the expected 2008 level.

C'mon AMD sink already!!! Your ship is doomed!!! :D

o come on AMD will never sink. so many people that have been AMD loyalist cause they have been the leader in gaming CPU's for a while will just simply refuse to switch to intel not becuase of performance but becuase of reputation and past experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom