Problem with hardrive(need help fast!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

poundead

Solid State Member
hello guys!

Hi just this evening i waas sitting at my computer playing...when all of a sudden my computer turned off and when i reebooted my 200 gb didnt work..when i try to acessit it says : "this disc snit formated, would you like to do that now?" or "invalid parameter"
i really cant figure out whats wrongand i REALLY have some of my very important stuff in there...so if anyone please help me as soon as possible:D i would be really grateful!

//fredrik magnusson

Have you tried the HDD in a different system? My guess it that the PSU gave in and shut everything down because it doesn't have enough power to supply (no pun intended, honestly!) power to your components.

sound like an smart explaination..but how can i get i up and running without needing to format it?

so youre saying that im supposed to use the drive in another system and the put it back in my own?

The problem has not exactly been indentified yet, but you could set the harddrive as 'slave' and put it into another machine to see if the harddrive is at fault.

poundead said:
so youre saying that im supposed to use the drive in another system and the put it back in my own?

Yes, just so you can say " it works in this system, so its my pc at fault" or " ok it doesnt work in another system either, so its my hdd at fault" ;)

well i followed all of your advice but it still didnt work...anyway.i had to formate it....kinda sad but it had to be done.

you can get software to scan your hard drive for deleted files even after a format, if their that important its worth a shot

get your hand on a copy of norton disc doctor (check our techie tool kit thread here in the os forum) and run it to fix that hdd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom