*new* wood case worklog

Status
Not open for further replies.
alrighty, i borrowed a camera:

not done much, its so hot in my garage, but i cut the rest of the wood to size, now im just markin out for the front cd drive, case monitor and power button

CRIM0001.jpg

CRIM0002.jpg

looks cool, great job there :D..

but I've gotta ask, whats so appealing in wood? I Mean you can buy a bunch of aluminum or plexiglass and design those as you like aswell... o_O just out of curiousity, not criticizing :) .

-Jo.

well ive never really made anything in plastic or metal, and ive used wood lots before, and im good with it, and its just more orignal

heh, yea was a bit of a challenge, but they cut it up for me into 4.

right now tho ive gone thro 5 pieces of wood trying to get the holes for the cd drive perfect, you wouldnt think it would be that hard, oh well

Ah, CD Drives are pigs, as they say 5 1/4" although thats apparantly a measure of something else, not the bay, when I did my PC case DT project at school (which i can safely say failed miserably) it took me a long time to get teh mounts in the right place to hold them!

Very Original way of doing things and I really like the design, good luck! Im sure you will do better than I did!

Ruan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom