Buying a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valos

Beta member
Hi guys, I plan on purchasing a computer from http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/ I have about $2900 or so to spend, thats with shipping and CA sales tax (expensive =/) This is a gaming PC that hopefully will last me awhile. I allready have a monitor,speakers and soundcard so don't need those. I heard it's hard to install windows xp on raid0 (is that true?), so i'm having them do it. I'm not sure on the PSU, if I install windows xp myself and save $89. I can get ASPIRE (BLACK) ATX-AS680W-BK 680W BEAST POWER ATX POWER SUPPLY for an extra $40 or i can get ANTEC TPII-550 550WATT ATX 12V POWER SUPPLY for extra $45

Or I can downground the motherboard to a ABIT KN9 SLI nForce 570 SLI MCP Chipset DDR2/800 SATA-II RAID 16x PCI-Express MBoard w/GbLAN,USB2.0,&7.1Audio and save $45, and use $40 for that PSU (if it's good) and still get windows xp.

The price for below is $3,010.48 with sales tax and shipping. But i'll get a 5% instant rebate which comes out to 2874.43.
Well here is the specs that I plan on getting. Any comments or help would be great. Thanks
***Before anybody says just build your own cheaper etc, I've done that for some years now, and this site is the cheapest i've seen, even buying the parts alone, so gonna try this out***
*BASE_PRICE: [+509]
CAS: Raidmax Sagitta Mid-Tower 420W Gaming Case w/ Side Panel Window (BLACK COLOR)
CASUPGRADE: NONE
CPU: (Socket AM2) AMD Athlon™64 FX 62 Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology [+946]
CD: (Special Price) 16X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
CD2: NONE
CABLE: None
FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
FREEBIE_CU1: FREE! 1GB USB 2.0 Portable Flash Drive
FREEBIE_CU2: FREE! AGE OF EMPIRE III
FREEBIE_CU3: FREE! RISE OF NATIONS: RISE OF LEGENDS
FAN: CoolerMaster Liquid CPU Cooling Fan System Kit + 2 EXTRA CASE FANS
FLOPPY: NONE
HDD: Gaming Hard Drive (10,000RPM SATA150) [+67] (SATA150 - Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000RPM 8MB Cache WD740GD [+57])
HDD2: Gaming Hard Drive (10,000RPM SATA150) [+115] (SATA150 - Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000RPM 8MB Cache WD740GD [+57])
IEEE_CARD: NONE
KEYBOARD: Logitech Deluxe 104 PS/2 Keyboard (Black Office Pro Keyboard)
MOUSE: Logitech Optical Wheel Mouse (BLACK COLOR)
MONITOR: NONE
MONITOR2: NONE
MOTHERBOARD: (Socket AM2)Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe nForce 570 SLI MCP Chipset DDR2/800 MBoard w/ Dual PCI-Express [+63]
MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)2GB (2x1GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory [+170] (Corsair Value Select or Major Brand)
MODEM: NONE
NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/100 NETWORK CARD
OS: Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition w/ Service Pack 2 [+89]
PPU: NONE
PRO_WIRING: Professional Wiring for All WIRINGs Inside The System Chasis with High Performance Thermal Compound on CPU [+19]
PRINTER: None
PRINTER_CABLE: None
POWERSUPPLY: **Recommended** NZXT PF-500 500Watt Power Supply [+49]
RAID: RAID 0 Striped Disk Array for Faster Performance - Requires 2 Identical Hard Drives
RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS 24/7 LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: NONE [-5]
TEMP: NONE (AS SHOWN)
TVRC: None
USB: Build-in USB 2.0 Ports
USBHD: NONE
UPS: None
VIDEOCAMERA: NONE
VIDEO: NEW!!! NVIDIA Geforce 7950 GX2 1GB 16X PCI Express Video Card [+585]
VIDEO2: NONE
WNC: NONE
WAP: NONE
ZIP: NONE
_PRICE: (+2721)

i say get a better mouse. and also go with a conroe you could get a WAYYY better conroe for like 1/3 the price youre willing to pay

and also makeit yourself they totally rip you off with those prebuilts

ya I mean 19 dollars for thermal paste. And 90 bucks to install windows LMAO dude if you have done it before do it agian. I mean I cant believe that a person with past experience in building pc's would go to a prebuild site and have them rip you off like theres no tomorow

Just think about doing it yourself.

what you should do i start from scratch. post a topic here in this section with everything you will use the computer for(gaming, photo, video blah blah)

windows isnt going to be hard to install, your going to want the antec true power II. if you stick around these forums you will learn how to put everything together and how to get the best product for your dollar.

if you need any specific help feel free to PM me. i check up on the forums(mainly private messages) every day or 2

tehdigit said:
what you should do i start from scratch. post a topic here in this section with everything you will use the computer for(gaming, photo, video blah blah)

windows isnt going to be hard to install, your going to want the antec true power II. if you stick around these forums you will learn how to put everything together and how to get the best product for your dollar.

if you need any specific help feel free to PM me. i check up on the forums(mainly private messages) every day or 2

Well he siad He has built computers "for some years now" so I dont know why he is purchasing from a prebuild site??

lancec2c30 said:
Well he siad He has built computers "for some years now" so I dont know why he is purchasing from a prebuild site??

Because, I don't feel like going through and finding out whats best anymore. Takes too much time. I know how to put them together etc. But i'm not an expert, I don't know alot about bios and setting alot of the newer stuff anymore.

I've been planning on purchasing a computer for awhile now, I kept getting told wait for this wait for that, wait for AM2. Things are coming out ALL the time, if I keep waiting i'll never have a computer.

I'm planning on purchasing a computer Aug. 5th or so,If new things arn't out by then, oh well.

Also thanks for replys :)

valos huh.

im guessing you roll, i skate xsjado farmers..

sorry that had nothing to do with computers

Aug. 4th Intel are releasing the rest of the Core 2 Duo's, so I really would recommend going with them.

If you know how to build your own computer, it really is NOT worth getting a pre-built. The newer stuff really isn't much different from the older stuff, and is very easy to figure out how to put together.

Yeah, i looked into Conroe more sounds good. I would probley pick up Core 2 Extreme X6800 for the $1000. Not sure where I could get one though. GeForce 7950 GX2 and that cpu, thats about all I know to get. Everything else i'm completely lost at.

Can anybody recommend any other things that would be good with them? I dont need soundcard, monitor, keyboard or mouse. Any good sites to buy from also (like newegg) would help also. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom