Water/Liquid Cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teknikull

In Runtime
I kno what it is (for overclocking) but how does it work and how much does it cost to install? tell me everything!

around 200-250$ for a good one, and 300-400$ for a REALLY high-end one.

it simply moves water in a loop inside ur pc, the water absorb heat from ur CPU and GPU and then moves it to the radiator where the heat is dissipated.

Water can only cool ur machine to the ambient temp... [room temperature] not lower unless its chilled water [water that are being cooled by refrigirator or something] but if you do that you have to use insulation to prevent condensation.

thats a on-one-leg "what is water cooling" explanation.

-Jo

watercoolings kinda expensive. around 300 bucks and what it does is moves water through tubes to differant parts of yur system. it is more fficient thn fans and it is basically silent. good idea if youre willing todrop the money

And it really depends if you plan on OCing a LOT. The more you OC the hotter the temps become and the need to remove the heat is greater.

On 90% of computers Air cooling is fine. If you design the air cooling to work as a team (no fans blowing against each other) it is very good.

Another reason for H20 is the "Cool Factor" people see it and say "COOL"

PS- another thing "Cheap" (around $100) H20 systems are usually not as good as good Air cooling..

Watercooling is a VERY effective way of removing heat, although its a pain up the bum to install, is pretty high maintenance, and if it fails, can be catastropic. The only way to have H2O is a reasonably expensive model, as poor quality components that fail, usually will screw your PC, or if not lead to overheating. The best way is to get the best air-cooling solution you can afford, something like the Scythe Ninja, or a Zalman solution which are cheaper, lower mainenance and less likely to fail. But if money is of less of an object and youre Overclocking to ****, then get water!

Ruan

P.S. Yes, when you say "I have a Watercooled PC" it feels GREAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom