ASUS A9250 (ATI Radeon 9250/128 MB AGP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htcs

In Runtime
Weird error:

After installing the Asus driver for the A9250 video card, i get an error box that pops up when restarting/logging into or when trying to access the video card properties. The error box has no title and reads:

"Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation"

I made sure i was up to date with dotnetfix.exe and insted the latest version (2.0) of .NET (as required for the Catalyst software).

I also downloaded the newest driver from the ATI Website as well as the ASUS site (both the same) and i still get the error.

I also found a utility on ATI's site that removes any ATI applications to allow you to reinstall or install new drivers.

Because of this error, i don't have any of the advanced options in the adapter settings.

I know the card is good. My Win XP Pro is a fresh install (maybe a week ago), i don't have any other video applications that may be causing the issue.

There's nothing out there on the internet for help. I hope someone may have an answer for me.

Tom

This happens when you try to access the catalyst software? Then reinstall the catalyst software, I have been having weird access issues with catalyst software too lately. I just uninstalled and left it that way - now no more worries!;)

Oh, i've reinstalled several (hundred) times! I've tried the ASUS version of the software/driver (from their CD), i've tried the Catalyst software from ATI's website - and no matter what i still get the same error message. This is quite frustrating as i can't change or see any advanced features for my video card!

ATI's support sucks *** - I can't even seem to find a link to get email support or call in for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom