Upgrading an Advent computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu8866

Beta member
Hi, i recently purchased an advent computer - i have started thinking about upgrading a few bits.

I remember the guy in the shop saying something about having to buy specific parts from advent or something??

Cheers,

I have an advent t9306!

Also, in the future - if i decide to build my own comp, can i buy a new case, and take a few of the bots out of my advent t9306?

lol bots?

why do you want to upgrade?

are these your components?

Intel Pentium 4 650 Processor

3.4GHz, 800MHz FSB, 2Mb Cache

2048MB DDR RAM

360GB Hard Disk Drive

M-F Dual Layer DVD-RW / DVD-ROM Drives

256MB ATI Radeon X600 Graphics

4 USB connections

4 PCI Slots

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

19" TFT Flat Panel Monitor

if so.. i'd only recommend upgrading if you're a gamer. if you want better performance in games, you can get a much better video card... depending on how much you want to spend.. looks like you have a pci-express slot which is good. if you do get a new video card, you might also need to replace your powersupply.. depending on what type of PSU it is...

so ya.. tell us why you want to upgrade, what you do with it, and how much you want to spend...

(again.. if you don't game.. don't upgrade..)

I meant bits!!

Yeh thats the spec - ive had probs with crashing etc - just doesnt feel like a stable machine.

Have had temperature problems with the processor, i think, which has led to restarting etc. Might look into coolers? that wont be a problem to put into my comp no?

Also, my the computer seems to be running too slow for having 2gb ram??

Cheers,

what is it that you do with your comp exactly?

check your temperatures. post them so ppl who know about temps can help you out ;)

also, it could be your powersupply... what type of powersupply is in there?

dont have the spec handy just now. What concerns me is that, the other day i loaded up my old pc (1gb ram), and it seemed to load up faster, itunes loaded up faster etc etc.

Surely with 2gb on my comp it should be faster? I notice sometimes that there is even a slight delay when clicking start etc!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom