little more specific

Status
Not open for further replies.

noxarcana

In Runtime
I posted earlier that i need a new computer. I have decided to custom build it. I have about 800-1000 dollars to spend on it though. I want it to be able to play newer games, things like titans quest and heroes of might and magic 5 without problem or be that laggy. I dont need it to be good enough to play a game like oblivion though because i never will be playing it. I want it to be upgradeable later. I am new to this sort of thing so i think that i need some help, i only know of a few things that i need to go in there.

The things i know are
atleast 3.0 GHz intel pentium 4 (or similiar)
1 GB of ram atleast
atleast 128 MB NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series
cd dvd burning

The part that i need most help of all is for things like the power supply, cooling, and im not sure how much windows costs and i am not sure on the case or anything yet. Thanks if you could help me with this problem.

For $800-$1000, a Pentium 4 3.0Ghz, 128MB 6800, 1GB RAM, and DVD burner would be obsolete.

Do you want a complete PC for $800, or do you want to use those parts?

I think he wants a new computer for $800-$1000.
And the specs he listed are the minimum requirements that he wants, not the actually parts.

I'd recommend XP Pro over XP Home, although it costs about $50 more. Pro is much less bloated than Home and works more efiiciently. Better at networking also. If you're a student or teacher you can buy the upgrade edition at any Academic store for about $85. Other than that Talldude's rig is very nice for the budget.

thank you guys for all that. and all the things that you just linked me would be a whole computer and i would just have to put it together. Im not that good with all that stuff but is that with a case and someone told me to make sure that all the partts are compatable with each other, are they?

Thanks guys

why the 3500? The only single core I would reccomend is the 3700 San Diego or the 3200 Clawhammer.

Without the monitor you could afford an Am2 setup which would be future proof, do you need a monitor right now?

The 3700 San Diego is twice the cost of the 3500 and he is on a budget. As for the monitor I don't know if he needs that or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom