Somone help me out with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with the Abit board? I haven't seen anyone complain about it. I read all over the net on how many problems people have had with the A8N, I wouldn't say that is a nice product in any light of the phrase.

There have been many problems with Abit. They just got bought by another company who is trying to make them better. But they are famous for mobo problems.

I like Epox much better than the Asus, but the Asus is a good board. I also like DFI but it generally requires a higher understanding of adjusting the bios.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?art=1925

EDIT: i had a chance to read some of the reviews on the ABIT and you were right. The reviewers like it. It dosent have as many features as the Asus or others but it seems to work well.

Asus > Dfi? Didnt know that (sarcasum). I would say Asus is good but there are 4 computers here that are taken very good care of here with asus mobos and are starting to show problems and they arent over 3 years old. Most issues are reinstalls on windows and sometimes the pc doesnt want to boot. So dumb. I would go with Dfi or Msi because I hardly hear of any major problems from those companies.

I was looking at that same DFI board as my first choice but decided to go with Asus instead because of the difficulties with plugging in voltage settings and whatnot that I've heard about on the DFIs. I wanted a board I'd be able to hook up and run really easily but if alot of people have had experience with this board then let me know how it is to set up and what exactly you've got to do.

I have the Asus, DFI(ultra,DR and Expert),and the Epox you listed 9NPA+ SLI, MSI and a few Biostar and ECS mobos here.

For someone just starting the Epox is a better board. It needs the least messing with. It will support SLI later if you need it. It needs the least amount of power to run (you dont need a huge PS) And it has the most features for the money.

If you are having problems with the Asus board switching may/maynot help. You may end up with the same prob all over
again.
Rven though its a pain now its probably better to find out whats going on with youe current board than just getting another (good learning experience)

Did you unplug the HDD, CD-rom and floppy and start up ur mobo like I said in a earlier post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom