Beware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Immaculate

Solid State Member
I have just phoned microsoft to see if its possible to get a replacement windows cd only to be told i am running an illegal copy because the store i bought it from should have sold my copy of windows with a computer. I am not very good with pc's and i genuinely thought i was buying a legal copy. I am furious now and i am gonna report this store to microsoft for piracy. I won't be able to update my pc anymore, let alone reinstall it with the image file i have. It's annoying when i paid £80 for an illegal copy of windows, what a waste of money that was. Unfortunately I dont have the receipt anymore cos i would go to trading standards or something with it.

One extremely annoyed member :(

So everyone beware of what you buy, make sure it is a legal copy when you buy any software!!!

I bought the cd from a store, it is a genuine windows cd but microsoft said that it is illegal to sell an oem version with out hardware so there fore it was illegal to sell it to me on its own. Microsoft told me that i would not be able to update or reinstall using that serial number but its ok cos i have a legal retail version now.

Microsoft is f*cking retarded, of course stores would sell the OS's without the hardware, how else do you think people would be able to upgrade their current windows OS to the new Vista that's being released.

They don't expect people to buy a whole new computer to experience that.

What kind of people have you been talking to on customer service, don't report the store, just give microsoft an attitude.

Um, no IF06 they aren't. OEM software is VERY different from retail software. The reason being is OEM is bought in huge bulk authentication numbers at reduced prices by people like Dell, Gateway, ETC. Essentially what has happened is this computer company got ahold of a windows CD from another OEM manufacturer, packaged and sold it for profit. MS is a company out for profit, that is what businesses are there for. To think otherwise is being naive.

are you sure you didn't buy something the same day you bough the windows xp cd? maybe a floppy drive, hard drive, something like that..?

Did you buy it from a chain or from an independantly owned store..

As far as getting an OS, they will sell XP at a reduced price if you give them the information about where you got it, etc. There is a form online that you can do that from...

Immaculate said:
It's annoying when i paid £80 for an illegal copy of windows, what a waste of money that was. Unfortunately I dont have the receipt anymore cos i would go to trading standards or something with it.

One extremely annoyed member :(

So everyone beware of what you buy, make sure it is a legal copy when you buy any software!!!

Take your computer and back to the store. Talk with the manager, and tell him to supply you the legit deal or you will report him to microsoft and you will name names.

Invoice or No Invoice. What they are doing is illegal

Re: Re: Beware

Harper said:
Take your computer and back to the store. Talk with the manager, and tell him to supply you the legit deal or you will report him to microsoft and you will name names.

Invoice or No Invoice. What they are doing is illegal

actually ms are just being ducks.

IF06 said:
Microsoft is f*cking retarded, of course stores would sell the OS's without the hardware, how else do you think people would be able to upgrade their current windows OS to the new Vista that's being released.

They don't expect people to buy a whole new computer to experience that.

What kind of people have you been talking to on customer service, don't report the store, just give microsoft an attitude.

I totally agree.

they are basically saying all hp, compaq and dells are not legit now. I got on the phone and cuss the rep out about my kid's compaq computer. they fix it, but I ended wipe the restore partition and the os system because it came with too much bullship trialware anyway.

when I use the key on the side and activated, all was fine.

those companies uses a corporate cd to network install windows then put a different serial on the side of the cases

crazy kenny here in columbus just got sued monday by ms, because they got caught putting the same xp cd on hundreds of computer (they were selling burnt copies of xp ), but most companies are on the up and up. especially if you got the original xp cd. tell them mofo's (ms) that you did buy a pc with it. if they won't remove it, hang up and call back and speak to somebody else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom