Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Intel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Travis18 said:
i like to call it "amd is ****** chip"

I'd like to say no. Because if AMD was ******, then we'd be in for serious price-hikes. Stop pretending you know things.

Jumping on the bandwagon ain't so easy now, huh? Heheheh.

Just teasing. :D

Everything would be much simpler if it was called "Pentium 5". Because everybody was used to Pentium 1-4, so why not Pentium 5?

Wow, my 4927th post...

Orayn said:
We should try and move to Core 2 Duo. That's what most people will end up referring to it as. We can reference specific chip names, as long as we get them right. (The 1.83 and 2.13 "Conroes" are actually Allendale. Conroe-derived, but not Conroe. ;))

Allendale's are set to release in Q1 07. Their model numbers will be E4x00. They will be "stripped" down versions. IF this was Celeron to Pentium, they would have less cache, so I'm guessing they will have 1mb cache compared to Conroe's 2mb-4mb.

talldude123 said:
Everything would be much simpler if it was called "Pentium 5". Because everybody was used to Pentium 1-4, so why not Pentium 5?

The Pentium 4 has a bad name right now. The Athlon 64 probably has a better name. True, the Pentium is more recognized, but they wanted to get away from it. Just like how Nvidia didn't use the "FX" after the 5-series.

Core 2 Duo is the name that will replace Pentium. It shouldn't be pentium 5 because the 2 processors are completely different. Conroe is I believe the core (like prescott for the p4) so in the future there will most likely be other cores other than conroe that will still be under the Core 2 Duo name (untill we hit quad core, which will most likely be somethin like Core 4 Duo. doesnt have the same ring tho.)

Slayer said:
(untill we hit quad core, which will most likely be somethin like Core 4 Duo. doesnt have the same ring tho.)

I was thinkng more along the lines of Core 2 Quad, or something... but Core 4 Duo may be it, who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom