Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Intel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aliasaid

Fully Optimized
I thought we should agree on which name to use for the new intel chips. Conroe is the original, sounds cool.. but intel doesn't use it anymore.. and it could be confusing for newbs. Core duo.. doesn't sound so appealing.. but its what they'll see in flyers and stuff.. so it'll be easy to identify...

this way we'll all either say 'conroe' or 'core duo'. less confusing for newbs! (donno if there have been ppl confused by this.. but there is potential!)

good idea?

Vote!

edit: this is my 1200th post :amazed:

ah lol.. true..

and i can't edit the poll.. haha..

anyways.. you know what i mean.. thx for pointing that out :D

I like Conroe as well, but that's just because that's what we have all been calling it before it had an official name. Core 2 Duo would be less confusing, but it is also a lot harder to type (granted, it's not that hard, but it's harder than Conroe). I think we should go with Core 2 Duo, just because it would be a lot less confusing for all of the people that are going to be joining our forums in the future, and also it will make sure that people that have joined, but aren't up to speed don't get confused.

We may have someone in here looking for help building a computer, and you get someone telling them to put a Conroe in, well they might not know what this person is talking about, searches newegg or other places for hours and can't find this "Conroe" gets fed up and gives up on building.

Now if someone told him to get a Core 2 Duo, they would be able to find it rather quickly, and they would have a lot less stress about building their computer because this processor is widely available and what not, compared the the "Conroe" processor. (Yes I know they are the same, I'm just saying that if someone is new, they might not know that the Conroe and Core 2 Duo are the same thing..)

That's just my two cents though, feel free to criticize me if you so choose.

kilomark said:
should change it to Troy!

YES EXACTLY!!!!

Anyway i like core 2 duo more, dont know why just do.

(my names troy so that's y he's right)

We should try and move to Core 2 Duo. That's what most people will end up referring to it as. We can reference specific chip names, as long as we get them right. (The 1.83 and 2.13 "Conroes" are actually Allendale. Conroe-derived, but not Conroe. ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom