Won a x1900xt on ebay for $315

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya dude they make cheap solutions for that. And I bet it will run cooler than factory says let alone "HOT" with a new fan, heatsink and thermal paste.

I have a Zalman VF900 on mine and it runs at 40-44C idle and gets up to about 75C on load. The fan is also silent and i paid $10 less by not gettin a LED on it. The VF900 is awsome. I have the fan on 100% all the time and dont even hear it. (have a scythe ninja (silent) and 3 80mm case fans @ 25dba each its not a loud comp). Video quality is amazing. I highly recommend the X1900XT(X).

i have the vf900 on my 7800gt and never went past 60c. if i put the rpm onthe stock fan on the x1900xt to 5000 rpm, will it be ok?

idk, never used the stock fan, right when i got the card i changed the heatsink (which would probably be a bad idea if the card did not work but i was too excited to think about it first). I hear the stock fan can be really really loud, thats one reason why i got a vf900.

as for me, i dont care about sound :). I also heard with the vf900 that the card disposes of the thermal compound, a guy said it disappeared within a month, so watch that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom