AM2 ATI mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDiceman

Space Ninja Pirate
Can anyone reccoemdn one? The ECS mobo I would like does not seem to be very available yet so I am looking for some reccomendations. and for anyone wondering "Why Am2 with Conroe on the way?" my answer is my budget. For me it is hard to pass up the price drops next week. As for "Why ATI?" it is just what I have come to prefer (x1800xt).

Well, if you can, i'd wait for ATI's new ATI chipsets. I think that ECS is the only ATI AM2 mobo out now. Heres an article on the new ATI/Nvidia/etc. chipsets: http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=3256

I kno the RD600 chipset for conroe is comin out in august/september and boards are supposed to be around $150. The RS600 (integrated graphics) will be less than $100. But those are for intel/conroe mobos.

So either way, if you want a good ATI chipset with CF and stuff like that, you'll have to wait for a while. Nvidia chipsets will work with that card just no CF (just in case u didnt kno that, u probably do though).

btw, X1800XT, good choice.

Yeah, I know teh Nvidia chipsets will work, but I also know that having a chipset that matches your GPU is even better.

TheDiceman said:
Yeah, I know teh Nvidia chipsets will work, but I also know that having a chipset that matches your GPU is even better.

Acctualy tests show that ATI cards had a better performance on Nvidia Chipsets;):cool:

That seems... odd. NEver heard of that that before. Most people I have talked to have always said they got better performance out of an ATI chipset with an ATI card.

I would still get an ATI chipset, just in case u ever want CF you'll be able to get it with just a mastercard upgrade. Although, CF is better with the 1900 series, you'd still be fine with a 1800XT. CF may not provide as much performance increase as people want, if you want extreme gamin (or u just want to show off your two video cards ;)), then multi-card graphics is for you. Not ever person who builds computers has a budget (cough *xtremesystems* cough)

Yeah, I am not going to crossfire now and ma not sure if it is really worth it to do in even teh near future, although I suppose it would be nice to have it as an option.

U mind tellin us what parts you had in mind? I would like to see what you want to build. Of course, you dont have to say what mobo since i dont htink u've decided, but like wut CPU, RAM, GPU (X1800XT, kno that but 256MB or 512MB?), HD. Also whats your budget?

For a Processor I am goin wtih a AMD x2 4200, RAM still not sure on brand, going wiht a gig dual channel for the moment, will upgrade to another gig when I can afford it. The x1800xt is the 256MB model since the 512 is too pricey for me right now. Thinking on an Antec PSU, aroudn 550W. HD will just be a 160GB 7200RPM, the drive will literally just be the OS and games.

Alright, sounds good. I was goin to try and see if it were possible to get a x1900xt but doesnt look like it inless u get 512 ram and too much downgrades that nobody wants. I was goin to get a 1800XT too but i found a way to get 1900XT instead. If you could, taht would be great but stick with 1GB of RAM, and a dual-core. Even with the X1800XT you'll have awsome quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom