Someone please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Windows XP Home. An AMD Athlon XP 1800+, 1.15 GHz, 256 MB of Ram, It has a NVIDIA GE Force 4 Ti 4200. And I just reinstalled it but it used to black screen when I played it when I first got the computer too.

I have asked many people and they dont know what the problem could be ..

Ok so it froze and here is the message I got.

STOP: 0x0000008E (0xc0000005, 0x8053714B, 0xf15698BC, 0x00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory.
Physical Memory dump complete.

Thats basically it ..

It's the Video Card

It's more than likely the Video Card Drivers.

Go to the Nvidia Website and get the latest up to date drivers. And of course make sure you have the latest DirectX update from MS.

If that doesn't work, come see me at my new board listed in my signature.

I had this exact thing happen with a similar card. updated the drivers for XP and it worked fine after that.

yeah, that sounds like vid card drivers. Update drivers and also directx... just like what was just said above, good advice :)

My friend had same kind of problem.
He disconnected his cd-rom drive and his pc is working fine now.
Might be some h/w copatability problem

Ya, probably the video card drivers.

Try going to www.nvidia.com and looking for either the newest drivers or maybe some older ones if the newer ones are the ones responsible for your problems.

It probably isnt overheating since you said the temp doesnt seem to be very high, so try that video card driver suggestion and hopefully that will get you back on track and ready to go!! :D

Good luck!

I had the same problem last month with the spontaneous reboots, memory dumps, etc. After a couple of weeks of hair pulling, my system finally became stable again after I pulled out one of my memory sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom