MP3 bit rate conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCoffee

Fully Optimized
Anyone know if its possible to convert an MP3 file to a higher bit rate?

The question is not as silly as it sounds, I have lots of audio at a very low bit rate which my portable MP3 player wont run as the bit rate is below its requirements.

Naturally I realise there wont be any improvement in the quality of the audio.

If it was ripped into a low bit rate, it will stay a low bit rate...

Unless you find a magical software that will add missing bits.

blast.. no way of padding it up or re-recording it from one mp3 to another?

no padding via "Freeware" apps that I am familiar with.

Re-Ripping the Mp3 from a CD formatted Audio file would work, but you won't be able to make a lowly bitrate higher.

musicmatch jukebox will do it. just remember it will be compressing already compress data (you won't get better sound). it will just do so at a higher bitrate.

mm.jpg

musicmatch will covert to a higher bit rate. Like you said, the quality will not improve but it will change the "bit rate."

sounds good, I can't get musicmatch to run though, it just hangs about a second after it launches.

Is that a common problem?

I'll have another go tonight.

you are blocking installashield updates, window media configuration or the clean temp file upon reboot with your firewall. use system restore to to restore the computer to before you install MMJB, then cut off your firewall and tea timer (of spybot search and destroy) and reinstall MMJB

Ok yes its worked, cheers for the input guys. unfortunately the process seems to magnify the distortion..

I think I just shop for a new MP3 player :) I'm pretty hacked off with the cheap *** one I have at the moment.

p.s. Any suggestions welcome

Creative Zen Vision: M

Has a pretty high dosage of colors, 265k in comparison to the normal 65k on most video players.

If you wish to stick to audio, iRiver is nice and the new Creative line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom