very strange... can anyone explain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like the dell cases

I dont!

Same thing happened to me on my old GPU, although it didnt have a seperate Power Connector, which confused me! But im almose defonate on it being the GPU, as it is the only way power could connect to the motherboard. Im sure it cant be too bad, but it cant be good either as youre sending the full PSU load through the GPU tracks, Just try and turn the 2nd PSU on at the same time as the mainboard PSU. And my word, now looking at your case, jesus it needs a clean up, and no it wont be "FIIIIIINE" Just try getting cables in the holders!

Ruan

pah, you are wrong, it WILL be "fiiiiine"

the idea of cable management is to have good airflow, and make it look nice. mine does have good airflow, becuase of the duct, and has no windows, so it doesnt matter if it is messy.

On that picture, show me the route of the air? i cant see a clear path for good air flow!!

Well, yes the processor does have OK airflow, although it burnt his hand when he touched it, its over that duct with the floppy cable going over it, the HS is under there, it flows to the back of the case, blowing processor air on the graphics card, and is then drawn out by the two 80mm fans at the back, although the air out the back isnt hot, so it cant be drawing out that much heat!

Also, is it normal that the northbridge on that mobo should BURN you when you touch it, i dont think it is, although josh thinks thats fine!

the northbridge is fine. it has been running like that since i got the PC, and the PC is stable.

also, the 80mms pull out a lot of air, so i dont see why you think they dont do much... where else is the hot air going to go... :confused:

also, about me being "burnt." it didnt actually burn me, it isnt hot enough. i expect it would do some damage if i was to keep my finger on it, but it is OK to just touch for half a second or so.

the gpu idles at 55*C and loads at 80*C because it is a hot card, not because of the processor air, as my old gpu idled at 40*C, and the processor has not suddenly got hotter.

And my word, now looking at your case, jesus it needs a clean up
why does it? when the side is on, all you can see is the 2nd psus mobo connector, and the short section of the two molex lines, before the disappear into the case. it doesnt look messy with the side on, and there is no window, and the airflow is fine, so why does it need to be any cleaner.

@ jonny_uk: the air comes in at the front, where the grill and the cathode is. it flows through the CPU heatsink, under the black duct, and then is pulled out by the 2 80mms, the PSU fan, and a PCI exhaust at the bottom. all the wires are at the edge of the case, to the side of where all the air flows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom