HARDDRIVE problem!!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyh0316

Beta member
I have a 160gb harddrive with two partitions of C and D and i reformatted C partition. I have many back up files in D such as pictures and installations and other medias. What's weird is that many applications in D that i have backed up has turned into DOS files and cannot be accessed. Many pictures files are still there however corrupted, some can still be viewed, most cannot. Why is this happening? I don't think formatting C drive has anything to do to corupt half of my D partition

it never does, i have a similar set up as you do in where i put all my file i want on 2 other partions and c is just for the OS. its hard to tell what the porb with d would be but its deff not cuz of reinstalling windows as i have done it a 1000 times. its some other issue, try running chkdsk on the driver or scandisk on that partion to see if it finds any errors.

King X13 said:
it never does, i have a similar set up as you do in where i put all my file i want on 2 other partions and c is just for the OS. its hard to tell what the porb with d would be but its deff not cuz of reinstalling windows as i have done it a 1000 times. its some other issue, try running chkdsk on the driver or scandisk on that partion to see if it finds any errors.

run check disc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom