Internet Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicmaster5000

Baseband Member
Hello, over the last few days, i have had an internet problem, when ever i turn the computer on, the modem lights flash on and off, and the internet won't work on the computer, asoon as i turn the computer on before windows has loaded the modem does this.

Thanks in advance

Was anything added or removed prior to this issue presenting itself to you?

New software/hardware?

Have you scanned your machine for any malware?

Are you talking about a dial up modem or a cable modem?

i have disconnected the hard drive, the cd rom drive, and the floppy, so its none of these, and nothing to do with software, there has no new hardware been added,
It's a cable modem

it goes through a router, and the router isn't the problem as i have tried another router that works fine. My computer and another computer on the network works fine, its just the other one that is playin up

Ok you have officially confused me...

If I may quote your original post :

when ever i turn the computer on, the modem lights flash on and off, and the internet won't work

So when your "Modem Light" flashes, 2 other machines connect to the internet just fine except 1?

Please explain in detail what the issue is.

ok lets call the computer that wont work computer 1, mine 2 and the other 3

When computers 2 and 3 are on the net works fine
as soon as computer 1 is on the net just buggers up and the modem lights start to flash, and just when computer 1 is on the modem lights still flash

ok that is weird but it makes sense.

From either computer 2 or 3 :

Download AVG and transfer it to Computer 1 by any means necessary.

Take Computer 1 off the network. (unplug ethernet cable)

Boot Computer 1 into Safe Mode.

Install AVG antivirus on that machine and let it do a full scan.

Let us know what it finds.

Well... there are only a handful of things that can cuase your modem to freak out when 1 machine is booted up.

If you don't think its your HDD, OS or Viruses, I am very interested to hear what you think it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom